- Software developers can take advantage of a PaaS solution to build an application which they are planning to offer over the internet or software to be sold out of the box.
- Web developers can use individual PaaS environments at every stage of the process to develop, test and host their websites.
- Businesses can develop their own internal software, particularly to create distinct ring-fenced development and testing environments.
How it Works
CREATION OF SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS : PaaS is regularly used be developers, from conception to the creation of applications, through to testing and deployment.
AUTOMATIC UPGRADES : Services are constantly updated, with existing features upgraded and additional ones added.
CHOICE OF FEATURES : Customers can choose the features they require while discarding others. They can therefore choose a service to suit their needs.
PAY-PER-USE : Generally paid for on a subscription basis and clients only pay for what they use. Sharing of underlying infrastructure results in economies of scale.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT : Infrastructure and applications are managed for customers and support is available.
Benefits to Application Developers
- Don’t have to invest in physical infrastructures.
- Makes Development for Non-Expert
- Teams in various location work together.
Features of PaaS
One of the main features of PaaS is Flexibility.
- Operating System
- Server Side Scripting Environment
- Database Management System
- Server Software
- Network Access
- Tools for Design and Development
Example of PaaS